• Paddle Canada Certification
• Wilderness First Aid Certification
• Swift-Water Rescue Certification
• British Army Civilian Instructor. 20 years (British Army Adventure Training Program)
• Raft, canoe, kayak Instructor. 20 years.
• Leading/organizing 100+ canoe trips. Schools/Youth Groups/Families/Brit Army.
• 28-Day, 900km Nahanni River Canoe Trip. NWT. Guide.
• 18-Day Sea-kayak Expedition. Belize.
• 16-Day, 550km Raft Trip. Grand Canyon/Colorado River. Guide.
• 13-Day, 300km Raft Trip. Tatshenshini River. Yukon/Alaska. Guide.
• 10-Day Sea Kayak Trip. Gwaii Haanas (Queen Charlotte Islands) Guide 2x.
• 10-Day Sea Kayak Trip. Baja, Mexico. (Loreto to La Paz)
• 8-Day Bowron Lake Canoe Circuit. Guide
• Sailing Instructor/Camp Homewood Sailing Program B.C. (9 years)
• Sailed 35ft Yacht from Victoria, Canada to Opua, New Zealand.
• Extensive Sea Kayaking: West Coast B.C, Tonga, Mexico, Belize, New Zealand.
Over the past decade, I have been a part of many trips organized by Royce both locally and afar. Each and every time Royce has created a well-run adventure that provides the participants with a safe, appropriate, epic and unique experience.
Last fall my daughter and I went on a 2 day canoe trip with Royce, and I have to say my expectations were well exceeded! Royce is so knowledgeable and prepared with everything on the trip from start to finish and was constantly giving us fascinating tips on animals, bugs and nature.
I’m not an outdoors person. But my son really wanted to attend a canoe trip organized by Royce Williams. Royce’s tips on preparation and expert guidance on the water made for an unforgettable father/son weekend.
Noah and I had a great time on our canoe trip last fall. We enjoyed your extensive knowledge of the river/region and wildlife and I appreciated the way you interacted with the kids. You manage to teach them without them realizing that they are learning, and kept things fun and relevant.
Last year my family and I participated in the Canoe Trip organized by Mr. Williams. We had never done this before and were a bit nervous. Mr. Williams put us at ease with his knowledge and organizational skills.